Excel for the Workplace – Advance in your Career
A self-paced course on Microsoft Excel for the workplace. No ads, just learning. 18 lessons with built-in assessment questions along the way to ensure you understand the concept and succeed.
At the end of the course you will be proficient in Excel by knowing how to use the most commonly used Excel functions in today’s business environment. You will no longer be dreading
Excel but rather enjoying it because of the concepts-based, and simple-to-understand approach.
Master the basics such as using common functions and formulas
- Learn how to work with data such as sorting, filtering, quick analysis and most importantly the charts.
- Explore advanced features such as Percentages, IF statement, Financial Calculations.
- Learn how to effectively integrate Excel with Word for live reports, and importing and exporting data etc.
I designed this course from a concepts point of view, easy to understand and adaptable to newer upcoming versions of Excel. The high quality video lectures along with the assessments and hands-on working file, will make learning effective for you.
See also these FAQs about this and other courses from Kaceli.com.
Sign up now by clicking on the course title above.
Unit Sections and Objectives
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Excel – General Concepts
- – Getting started with Excel
- – General interface
- – The Office Ribbon
- – General concepts on using Excel and Spreadsheets
Lesson 2: Calculating the SUM, AVERAGE etc. in Excel
- – How to use Excel basic features
- – How to enter a formula in Excel
- – How to calculate the sum of a series of cells
- – How to calculate the average of a series of cells
- – How to calculate the Max of a series of cells
- – How to calculate the Min of a series of cells
- – How to calculate the count function in a series of cells
- – How to use the Autofill feature in Excel
Lesson 3: Basic Formulas: Multiplying, Division and Subtraction in Excel
- – Basic arithmetic functions in Excel
- – Subtraction
- – Multiplying
- – Dividing using formulas
Lesson 4: Absolute, Relative and Mixed References
- How and when to use different types of references in formulas in Excel.
- Difference between absolute and relative references
- Mixed references
Lesson 5: Using Conditional Formatting and Data Analysis in Excel
- – How to apply formatting styles to the data in a spreadsheet.
- – How to apply conditional formatting to selected data
- – How to use Data Analysis in Excel
Lesson 6: Data Sorting and Filtering in Excel
- – How to sort data in Excel
- – How to filter data based on various criteria
- – How to customize the filters
- – How to clear the filters
- – How to use sorting and filtering by right clicking
Lesson 7: Calculating Percentages in Excel
- -How to calculate percentages using a formula in Excel
Lesson 8: Creating and Customizing Charts in Excel
- – How to create various types of charts in Excel
- – How to customize the charts
- – Which types of charts to use for certain types of data
Lesson 9: Cross-Sheet Calculations in Excel
- – How to use formulas to perform cross-sheet calculations in Excel
- – How to enter the value from a formula in a previous sheet in a new worksheet.
Lesson 10: Using the IF Function in Excel
- – How to use the IF Statement or function in a variety of ways in Excel 2013 via a formula
Lesson 11: Using Named References in Excel
- – How to define Named References in Excel.
- – How to apply Named References and how to use this important feature in Excel.
Lesson 12: Using Data Validation and Dropdown Lists in Excel
- – How and why use data validation in Excel
- – How to define data validation rules and criteria.
- – How to apply data validation lists and drop-down lists
Lesson 13: Using Pivot Tables in Excel
- – How to setup the data to use it with Pivot Tables.
- – How to create pivot tables in Excel
- – How to customize the pivot tables using various criteria.
Lesson 14: Setting the Print Area in Excel
- – Setting and clearing the print area.
- – Headers and footers
Lesson 15: Linking Data from Excel with Word for Reports
- – How to link data from Excel into Word for reports etc. using Paste Special.
- – Update the data in your Excel spreadsheet and have that data updated automatically in Word.
Lesson 16: Importing and Exporting Data in .csv Files in Excel to Transfer Data Between Systems
- – Understanding .csv files and their usage.
- – How to import .csv files in Excel
- – How to export an Excel file to .csv format.
Lesson 17: Sharing and Saving Data in PDF Format
- – How to share data files in Excel.
- – How to export data in PDF format directly from Excel
Lesson 18: Creating a Mail Merge using Excel
- – How to perform a mail merge using an Excel Data File
Click here to sign up for only $19.99.
If you are not satisfied with the content for any reason, you can ask for a refund in 24 hours and you will be refunded right away.